LDAP provides a central source for maintaining users and groups within an enterprise. There are two ways to use LDAP groups within Hadoop. The first is to use OS level configuration to read LDAP groups. The second is to explicitly configure Hadoop to use LDAP-based group mapping.
Here is an overview of steps to configure Hadoop explicitly to use groups stored in LDAP.
- Create Hadoop service accounts in LDAP
- Shutdown HDFS NameNode & YARN ResourceManager
- Modify core-site.xml to point to LDAP for group mapping
- Re-start HDFS NameNode & YARN ResourceManager
- Verify LDAP based group mapping
Prerequisites: Access to LDAP and the connection details are available.…