Hadoop Summit Europe 2014 – Call for Abstracts now open!
We are excited to announce that the call for abstracts for Hadoop Summit Europe 2014 (April 2-3, 2014) is now open and closes on October 31st. One of the new things for this year are updated tracks providing attendees with new options. Last year was a wildly successful event and we received a lot of feedback on how to make things better… and we listened.
Providing high value content is what the conference is all about and we received some great suggestions from the community on how to improve the sessions. As we outlined the overall content plan this year, we took a step back to make certain we tip our hat to the tech as much as possible. To this end, we have added a few items to the schedule:
- The Committer Track. We have added a new track to the schedule called the “Committer Track”. As with all tracks, the content will be chosen by a group of community leaders, but in this case, that group will be all committers. Second and more important, all content in this track will be presented by one or more committers.
- The “Unconference” in the Conference. An unconference is a participant-driven meeting where the audience defines the content in real-time and we have added some time for these in the schedule. We feel this is the most open vehicle to make sure that we are delivering topical and timely content by the time we get to April 2. We’ll publish more details as we get closer to the event.
Please submit your abstract today!
Along with these new items we will have similar tracks to last year. They are outlined below. However, we aren’t anything without Y-O-U. This week we opened up the call for abstracts and we encourage you to submit your talk to be considered for inclusion in the event. Any and all are great!
Hadoop Summit Europe 2014 – Content Tracks
- Committers. Come hear it from the elephant’s mouth… This track presents technical deep dive content from committers across a wide range of advanced/basic topics and projects. Speakers in this track are restricted to committers across all Hadoop-related Apache projects and content will be curated by a group of senior committers.
- The Future of Apache Hadoop. The next generation of Hadoop is being built today. This track investigates the key projects, such as YARN, the incubation projects and the industry initiatives driving innovation in and around the Hadoop platform. Attendees will hear from the technical leads, committers, and expert users who are actively driving the roadmaps, key features, and advanced technology research around what is coming next for the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Data Science & Hadoop. Sessions in this track focus on the practice of data science using Hadoop. This includes applications, tools, and algorithms as well as areas of advanced research and emerging applications that use and extend the Hadoop platform for data science. Sessions will cover examples of innovative analytic applications and systems that refine raw data into actionable insight using visualization, statistics and machine learning. Case studies and tips for effective exploration of business data with visualization and statistical models will also be covered.
- Hadoop Deployment & Operations. This track focuses on the deployment, operation and administration of Hadoop clusters at scale, with an emphasis on tips, tricks, best practices and war stories. Sessions will cover the full deployment lifecycle from installation, configuration, and initial production deployment, error recover, security and fault tolerance for large-scale operations.
- Hadoop for Business Applications and Development Hadoop is central to the modern data architecture and must integrate with the tools and applications you already use or empower new applications to be built on top of it. Speakers in this track will discuss languages, tools, techniques, and solutions for deriving business value and competitive advantage from the large volumes of data flowing through today’s enterprise.
We are looking forward to an exciting and valuable conference this year and thank you in advance for taking a part in the event!