How To Unlock Business Value from your Big Data with Hadoop
By now, you’re probably well aware of what Hadoop does: low-cost processing of huge amounts of data. But more importantly, what can Hadoop do for you?
We work with many customers across many industries with many different specific data challenges, but in talking to so many customers, we are also able to see patterns emerge on certain types of data and the value that could bring to a business.
We love to share these kinds of insights, so we built a series of video tutorials covering some of those scenarios:
- Understand your customers’ sentiments with Social Media Data
- Deliver responsive IT from events in Server Logs
- Gain granular customer segmentation with web Clickstream Data
- Enable predictive analytics from your Machine and Sensor Data
- Optimize global logistics operations with Geolocation Data
Some more detailed discussion of these types of data is in our ‘Business Value of Hadoop’ whitepaper.
Finally, the video tutorials also show how you might use the Hortonworks Sandbox to create an initial prototype specific to your needs. (And watch this space as we implement those tutorials in Sandbox).
We hope that these examples provide a little inspiration for your own applications – let us know what you think.
Get Started using Hadoop to Analyze Data. This guide includes tutorials, videos and advice on integrating Hadoop with popular analytics packages.