Luminar and Hortonworks Talk Milk
Luminar is the first big data analytics provider focused specifically on U.S. Latino consumers. Our company offers analysis based on empirical insights, rather than with a sample-based approach. Apache Hadoop and Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) make this empirical approach work at scale. No other data platform would allow us to ingest the amount and variety of data needed to make confident, empirical observations about the Latino market.
As Luminar’s VP of Strategy, I have enjoyed building a strong technical and business partnership with Hortonworks. Now we can answer our clients’ most challenging marketing questions about U.S. Latino consumers, with confidence backed by big data.
Earlier this month, I joined Hortonworks Product Marketing Manager, Justin Sears, at 2014 Hadoop Summit in San Jose. We reviewed Luminar marketing analysis for the California Milk Processing Board. We showed some of the results and discussed the journey that our companies have taken together to grow Luminar’s data lake on HDP.
You can watch our entire 45-minute Hadoop Summit presentation in this video:
We began collaborating with Hortonworks in 2012 to deploy a fully-integrated big data architecture that now holds data representing 68% of all US adult Latinos over 18 years of age. Now this data lake and our predictive modeling empower companies to make real-time decisions that connect their products with those Hispanic consumers. Luminar provides precise answers to questions like:
- How big is my Latino market opportunity?
- What is my market share among Latino consumers?
- How acculturated is my market? Do I target customers in Spanish, English or both?
- Am I optimally allocating my budget across all products?
- Review our complete Hadoop Summit presentation slides.
- After my presentation with Justin, I answered additional questions in theCUBE, live on the show floor. Watch that interview here.