Rackspace and Hortonworks, bringing Apache Hadoop to the Cloud
Today our partner Rackspace announced their Big Data solution for dedicated and cloud environments, powered by Hortonworks Data Platform. This collaboration between Hortonworks and Rackspace provides customers a flexible choice of deployment offerings of Apache Hadoop from one of the most trusted vendors in the cloud computing market.
Enterprise adoption of Apache Hadoop
This expanded collaboration is a strong indicator of the ecosystem rallying around Hortonworks Data Platform and our goal at Hortonworks of making Apache Hadoop a core component of the modern data architecture, whether on premise, in a VM, as an appliance, or in the cloud.
Rackspace has chosen to partner with Hortonworks due to our commitment to enable a broad ecosystem of data center tools that use Hadoop. Our leadership in Apache Hadoop development, implementation, support, operations and training enables Rackspace to provide customers with an enterprise-ready Hadoop platform that is easy to use in the Cloud.
Rackspace Cloud Big Data Platform, powered by Hortonworks Data Platform, 100% open source, industry leading Apache Hadoop distribution, will allow customers to deploy and scale rapidly in the cloud with simple pricing and no upfront investment. This solution provides an open Hadoop-as-a-Service model that will help foster a large ecosystem of application vendors.
Some benefits of this offering:
- Hadoop-based service offering allows users to spin up a fully configured and optimized Apache Hadoop cluster in minutes.
- Built on top of OpenStack, organizations can deploy, process, and build their own Apache Hadoop cluster without the fear of being locked into a provider or proprietary platform.
- Established workloads can also be moved between on-prem and the cloud all while leveraging the HDP platform.
Rackspace’s Managed Big Data offering provides an optimized Big Data platform powered by Hortonworks Data Platform aimed at reducing operational burden, while providing open source application integration.
Some benefits of this offering:
- Offers customized configurations to address specific data processing requirements such as high compute, high storage, and balanced workloads.
- Reduces the amount of time required to deploy and maintain data processing environments by leveraging the deep expertise of Rackspace and Hortonworks. This will help organizations with patching, cluster managements, job execution, and standard maintenance.
- Deploy a fully featured Hadoop cluster in your existing environment and further utilize your storage investments
We congratulate Rackspace on these new offerings and look forward to working with them to further drive Hadoop adoption in the enterprise!
We’ll be joining Rackspace at Strata New York “Hadoop World” in New York this week. Attend our session on Apache Hadoop on the Open Cloud and come by Rackspace’s booth (#308) and Hortonwork’s booth (#306) to learn more about this partnership, see it in action, and meet the team.
Can’t make it to New York? Attend our joint webinar on November 5 at 10am PST/ 1pm EST. This webinar will provide you an overview of the reference architecture for Apache Hadoop-ready infrastructure and a behind the scene look at the product design of Rackspace Cloud Big Data.
More details on Rackspace and Hortonworks partnership here.