7 Reasons to Get Ready for Hadoop Summit San Jose
We are less than a week away from start of the seventh annual Hadoop Summit San Jose. With all of the final preparations underway, we wish to highlight some of the not to be missed activities in and around the event. The event is filling fast, but you can still register here.
Here are a few things you don’t want to miss!
- Great track content—there is more content than ever with more than 120 informative sessions on Apache Hadoop and related technologies for you to choose from and as always selected by the community and delivered by the experts themselves.
- Great keynotes — leading industry analyst Merv Adrian will present the opening keynote and will give us his unique perspective on how the industry landscape has changed and where it is going. We will also hear from Tom Davenport on Hadoop and Analytics 3.0 as well as many other interesting perspectives from leaders in the ecosystem.
- Hadoop in the Enterprise expert panel — We will have a live panel discussion from industry leaders including: BNY Melon, Kohl’s, Rogers Media, Target, TrueCar and British Gas discussing how and why they use Apache Hadoop.
- Meetups & BoFs — there are a range of meetups happening where you can talk and interact with the developers of these new technologies. In addition scheduled birds of a feather sessions will give you an informal opportunity to talk to others interested in Hadoop and related technologies.
- Great party — We’ve reserved all of historic San Pedro Square to have some great food, listen to some great music, and generally relax and have fun!
- Ecosystem —The conference has the support of the broader Hadoop ecosystem so you can come and discuss Hadoop and big data in the solutions showcase.
- Community — The Apache Hadoop community is big and getting bigger. Come meet and mingle with other community members to learn about the latest goings on and make new connections.
There is still time to register now, don’t miss the party, and hope to see you there!