Teradata Aster & Hortonworks Webinar on Thursday
I wanted to draw your attention to a Webinar taking place this Thursday at 1pm EDT, 10am PDT. “Back to the Future – MapReduce, Hadoop and the Data Scientist” will highlight the benefits of Apache Hadoop and the role that data scientists are playing in big data. The speakers include:
- Colin White – Founder of BI Research, a leading research, education and consulting firm helping companies understand and benefit from evolving and leading edge technologies in the areas of business intelligence and data management.
- Tasso Argyros – Co-President of Teradata Aster
- Ari Zilka – Chief Products Officer for Hortonworks
Among the topics discussed during this free Webinar are:
- MapReduce for the data scientist: Hadoop/Hive and RDBMS approaches
- Back to the future: file systems vs. database systems
- Hadoop and RDBMS coexistence strategies
- Bridging the gap: new approaches for analyzing data using Hadoop
This promises to be a very interesting and informative presentation so please Register today.
~ Lisa Sensmeier