Home Forums HDP on Windows – Installation HDP 2 for windows operating system support

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Shashanka Kotha 6 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Chuan C

hi, just want to ask if furture version of HDP have plan to expand the operating system support to cover windows 7/8 pro?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘HDP 2 for windows operating system support’ is closed to new replies.

• Author
    Replies

Shashanka Kotha
    Participant

I am having trouble installing this. Followed the instructions exactly as in the blog. When I run this “msiexec /i hdp-2.0.6.0.winpkg….I get the windows installation error “The installation package could not be opened…Verify the package exists……” i am running this command in powershell (admin mode)….Any help would be appreciated.

Collapse

Rohit Bakhshi

Hi Ganesh,

These are the options available:
    - A single node install of HDP for Windows directly on a Win Server 2008 R2 or Win Server 2012 machine.
    - A single node install of HDP for Windows in a virtual machine running Win Server 2008 R2 or Win Server 2012 as the guest OS

Collapse

what’s the best option for HDP single node on windows for learning and evaluation purposes?

Collapse

Rohit Bakhshi

Hi Chuan,

HDP for Windows, now and going forward, will be supported on Windows Server OS versions. We won’t be adding support for Desktop operating systems like Windows 7 and Windows 8.

Are you looking to run a distributed HDP cluster on Windows 7 or Windows 8? Or are you looking to install HDP for Windows on a single node of Windows 7/8, as a learning/evaluation environment for HDP?

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)