Home Forums Hive / HCatalog AccessControlException: getBlockLocalPathInfo() authorization Error

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Rupert Bailey 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Rupert Bailey
    Participant

I’ve run this as “user” and “hbase” but I still can’t get it to pump some data to a hbase table.
    hbase org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.LoadIncrementalHFiles /user/user/hbase_text.hfile table2
    sudo -u hbase hbase org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.LoadIncrementalHFiles /user/hbase/hbase_text.hfile table2

The Hbase spits me out with a Short Circuit access error:
    14/04/18 21:28:36 WARN hdfs.DFSClient: Short circuit access failed
    org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Can’t continue with getBlockLocalPathInfo() authorization. The user hbase is not allowed to call getBlockLocalPathInfo

The guide requires the hbase user provided by $HBASE_USER to be in the dfs.block.local-path-access.user key/value pair on /etc/hadoop/conf/hdfs-site.xml

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP1/HDP-1.2.4/bk_using_Ambari_book/content/ambari-chap5-3-17.html

However neither this or adding my own user, as a comma separated group “hbase,user”, or running this hbase process as a hbase/hive user helps.
    Using HDP 1.3.2 Centos 6.5

Ideas?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.