Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Ambari (1.2) Installation failure

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Seth Lyubich 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

David Lai
    Participant

I tried to install a fresh 3 node cluster for HDP 1.2/Ambari and performed the steps according to the Automated manual instructions till the installing, configuring deploying step,where I entered the target hosts, Ambari server ssh private key, and then click “Register and Confirm” then shortly I got the failed status in Web UI at Confirmed Hosts stage.
    I examined both log seems something related to the bad certificates in SSL connection during the Host registration.
    Below are portion of logs (too large to provided).
    Questions is what step I mis-configured or missed?

[Ambari Agent Log: /var/log/ambari-agent/ambari-agent.log] :

INFO 2013-02-20 06:50:49,002 security.py:49 – SSL Connect being called.. connecting to the server
    INFO 2013-02-20 06:50:49,088 Controller.py:103 – Unable to connect to: https://hmc-174.nexenta.com:8441/agent/v1/register/dn-176.nexenta.com
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/Controller.py”, line 88, in registerWithServer
    response = self.sendRequest(self.registerUrl, data)
    File “/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/Controller.py”, line 237, in sendRequest
    self.cachedconnect = security.CachedHTTPSConnection(self.config)
    File “/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/security.py”, line 77, in __init__
    self.connect()
    File “/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/security.py”, line 82, in connect
    self.httpsconn.connect()
    File “/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/security.py”, line 66, in connect
    ca_certs=server_crt)
    File “/usr/lib64/python2.6/ssl.py”, line 338, in wrap_socket
    suppress_ragged_eofs=suppress_ragged_eofs)
    File “/usr/lib64/python2.6/ssl.py”, line 120, in __init__
    self.do_handshake()
    File “/usr/lib64/python2.6/ssl.py”, line 279, in do_handshake
    self._sslobj.do_handshake()
    SSLError: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:490: error:14090086:SSL

[Ambari Server Log: /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log]

14:20:00,777 INFO QueryImpl:152 – Executing resource query: {Host=null}
    14:20:00,783 INFO ClusterControllerImpl:92 – Using resource provider org.apache.ambari.server.controller.internal.HostResourceProvider for request type Host
    14:20:01,454 WARN nio:651 – javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Received fatal alert: bad_certificate
    14:20:09,873 INFO QueryImpl:152 – Executing resource query: {Host=null}
    14:20:09,873 INFO ClusterControllerImpl:92 – Using resource provider org.apache.ambari.server.controller.internal.HostResourceProvider for request type Host

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Did you try to install Ambari on clean OS? I am wondering if you had any keys already setup.

Also, can you please make sure that hmc-174.nexenta.com resolves and reachable from the host where you pasted logs from.

Thanks,
    Seth

Collapse
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)