Home Forums Ambari Ambari 1.4.2 – No Data There was not data available.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Resetpc Resetpc 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Pavel Hladik
    Participant

Hi, I installed latest HDP 2.0.6 stack from Ambari 1.4.2 on CentOS 6.5. Everything went well, except to patch /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_server/os_type_check.sh file with patch from 1.4.3.

Ganglia is working on 100% and I see all statistics on Ganglia Web UI, but Ambari 1.4.2 don’t show this values. :( All services on Ambari is green, I see that Ganglia server and all monitors are UP and working. Does somebody have the same issue?

My Ganglia server is running on master host where is Ambari server as well, when I see packages with yum…

[root@hm hdp]# yum list |grep ambari
    ambari-agent.x86_64 1.4.2.104-1 @Updates-ambari-1.4.2.104
    ambari-log4j.noarch 1.4.2.104-1 @Updates-ambari-1.4.2.104
    ambari-server.noarch 1.4.2.104-1 @Updates-ambari-1.4.2.104
    hdp_mon_nagios_addons.noarch 1.4.2.104-1.el6 @Updates-ambari-1.4.2.104
    hdp_mon_ganglia_addons.noarch 1.4.2.104-1.el6 Updates-ambari-1.4.2.104

…I see there is not installed package hdp_mon_ganglia_addons.noarch, isn’t that issue?

Please help! I’m on testing process before production release and buying support from Hortonworks.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Resetpc Resetpc
    Participant

Hi,
    whether you can explicitly specify the Ambari dashboard where to get data Ganglia.
    Thanks for the answer.

Collapse

Resetpc Resetpc
    Participant

This is verified
    [@VM-HDP1-AMBARI-1 ~]$ hostname -f
    VM-HDP1-AMBARI-1.bdata.it.loc
    [@VM-HDP1-AMBARI-1 ~]$ nslookup VM-HDP1-AMBARI-1.bdata.it.loc
    Server: 10.1.1.1
    Address: 10.1.1.1#53

Name: vm-hdp1-ambari-1.bdata.it.loc
    Address: 10.1.9.30

[@VM-HDP1-AMBARI-1 ~]$ nslookup 10.1.9.30
    Server: 10.1.1.1
    Address: 10.1.1.1#53

30.9.1.10.in-addr.arpa name = vm-hdp1-ambari-1.bdata.it.loc.

Time and service, too.
    On that host has two interfaces
    eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr
    inet addr:10.1.9.30 Bcast:10.1.9.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
    eth1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr
    inet addr:10.1.1.37 Bcast:10.1.1.255 Mask:255.255.252.0
    lo Link encap:Local Loopback
    inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0

Collapse

Pavel Hladik
    Participant

Hi, when I start this thread I had bad FQDN, because I was using private IP addresses my /etc/hosts looked like this:

1.2.3.4 host.domain.net host

And this was my problem that I didn’t see the graphs, the right /etc/hosts must be:

1.2.3.4 host.domain.net

Collapse

Resetpc Resetpc
    Participant

Hi
    Here are screenshots of my cluster
    https://yadi.sk/d/FckvIefVTFXJD installed on the host VM-HDP1-HIVE-1.bdata.it.loc Ganglia-server

https://yadi.sk/d/y3k5gR6NTFXJR

https://yadi.sk/d/9INPw9FgTFXJd

https://yadi.sk/d/8Fzk7KTCTFXJw

https://yadi.sk/d/Tv361ddLTFXK4

ganglia and screenshots

https://yadi.sk/d/fjiRjI0XTFXKA

Problem Ganglia and displays all, dashboard Ambari-server not all

Collapse

Jeff Sposetti

On the other Ambari pages (Services pages, and Host pages) do you see the charts? Is it just the dashboard 4 graphs (CPU, network, load, memory) that are not showing?

Collapse

Resetpc Resetpc
    Participant

Hi, this Problem on Ambari dashboard NO DATA,
    although
    Ganglia host / ganglia shows all metrics
    using Ambari-server version 1.6.0

thank for the answer

resetpc

Collapse

Pavel Hladik
    Participant

Hi,

I installed HDP 2.0.6 stack (why is not there choose to install newer version 2.0.8 or 2.0.9?) with new Ambari 1.4.3.38 on my test environment with instructions from this docs http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.0.9.0/bk_using_Ambari_book/content/ambari-chap1-1.html

My problem which I described here still persist even with new version of Ambari. :(

Pavel

Collapse

Pavel Hladik
    Participant

1)
    nobody 1119 1 1 12:41 ? 00:00:36 /usr/sbin/gmond –conf=/etc/ganglia/hdp/HDPNameNode/gmond.core.conf –pid-file=/var/run/ganglia/hdp/HDPNameNode/gmond.pid
    /usr/sbin/gmond for cluster HDPNameNode running with PID 1119
    2)
    nobody 1136 1 1 12:41 ? 00:00:38 /usr/sbin/gmond –conf=/etc/ganglia/hdp/HDPHistoryServer/gmond.core.conf –pid-file=/var/run/ganglia/hdp/HDPHistoryServer/gmond.pid
    nobody 1155 1 1 12:41 ? 00:00:43 /usr/sbin/gmond –conf=/etc/ganglia/hdp/HDPResourceManager/gmond.core.conf –pid-file=/var/run/ganglia/hdp/HDPResourceManager/gmond.pid
    nobody 1174 1 2 12:41 ? 00:01:08 /usr/sbin/gmond –conf=/etc/ganglia/hdp/HDPSlaves/gmond.core.conf –pid-file=/var/run/ganglia/hdp/HDPSlaves/gmond.pid
    nobody 1193 1 1 12:41 ? 00:00:50 /usr/sbin/gmond –conf=/etc/ganglia/hdp/HDPNameNode/gmond.core.conf –pid-file=/var/run/ganglia/hdp/HDPNameNode/gmond.pid
    /usr/sbin/gmond for cluster HDPHistoryServer running with PID 1136
    /usr/sbin/gmond for cluster HDPResourceManager running with PID 1155
    /usr/sbin/gmond for cluster HDPSlaves running with PID 1174
    /usr/sbin/gmond for cluster HDPNameNode running with PID 1193

Collapse

Jeff Sposetti

Thanks.

1) On the NameNode machine, “ps -ef | grep gmond”. Also run “service hdp-gmond status”.
    2) Same on the ResourceManager machine.

Collapse
    Collapse

Pavel Hladik
    Participant

Hi Jeff, thanks for reply.

All charts on the Dashboard site are showing correctly, except one “NameNode CPU WIO” – n/a. On the Services site, on HDFS service I see just one metrics working “HDFS I/O”, all other metrics are “No Data There was no data available. Possible reasons include inaccessible Ganglia Service”. When I’m going to YARN service I see no metrics at all.

On all Ganglia client machines I see running:
    /usr/sbin/gmond –conf=/etc/ganglia/hdp/HDPSlaves/gmond.core.conf –pid-file=/var/run/ganglia/hdp/HDPSlaves/gmond.pid
    When I check chkconfig –list | grep gmond:
    gmond 0:off 1:off 2:off 3:off 4:off 5:off 6:off
    hdp-gmond 0:off 1:off 2:on 3:on 4:on 5:on 6:off

On Ganglia server machine I see running:
    /usr/sbin/gmond –conf=/etc/ganglia/hdp/HDPHistoryServer/gmond.core.conf –pid-file=/var/run/ganglia/hdp/HDPHistoryServer/gmond.pid
    /usr/sbin/gmond –conf=/etc/ganglia/hdp/HDPResourceManager/gmond.core.conf –pid-file=/var/run/ganglia/hdp/HDPResourceManager/gmond.pid
    /usr/sbin/gmond –conf=/etc/ganglia/hdp/HDPSlaves/gmond.core.conf –pid-file=/var/run/ganglia/hdp/HDPSlaves/gmond.pid
    /usr/sbin/gmond –conf=/etc/ganglia/hdp/HDPNameNode/gmond.core.conf –pid-file=/var/run/ganglia/hdp/HDPNameNode/gmond.pid
    /usr/sbin/gmetad –conf=/etc/ganglia/hdp/gmetad.conf –pid-file=/var/run/ganglia/hdp/gmetad.pid
    When I check: chkconfig –list | grep gmond
    gmond 0:off 1:off 2:off 3:off 4:off 5:off 6:off
    hdp-gmond 0:off 1:off 2:on 3:on 4:on 5:on 6:off
    When I check: chkconfig –list | grep gmetad
    gmetad 0:off 1:off 2:off 3:off 4:off 5:off 6:off
    hdp-gmetad 0:off 1:off 2:on 3:on 4:on 5:on 6:off

All my two masters, three slaves and one client machines are the same CentOS 6.5 running as Guests on XenServer Host – for testing purposes. Ale machines are running NTPD server syncing with router on LAN. I’m accessing Ambari 1.4.2 server with NTP synched OS, I tried to access Ambari server from the Desktop PC from the same LAN and result with charts and metrics was the same. I’m accessing Ambari server from Safari browser by default, but tried Chrome and IE as well. All my hostnames are FQDN.

When I go to Hosts site, choose the machine I see incomplete information about host:
    Hostname: myhostname
    IP Address: myipaddress
    CPU: 2
    Disk: Data Unavailable
    Memory: 15.52GB
    Load Avg:
    Agent Heartbeat: less than a minute ago

Thanks for helping me.

Collapse

Jeff Sposetti

Hi, It is not an issue with hdp_mon_ganglia_addons. That does not need to be installed.

To confirm: the charts on the Dashboard (network, cpu, disk, load), on the Services pages and on the Host pages are not showing. They are all saying “no data available”?

Can you confirm:

1) On all machines, you see gmond processes running. ps -ef | grep gmond
    2) And on the machine hosting the ganglia server, you see the gmetad process running. ps -ef | grep gmetad
    3) All machines in your cluster are the same time? ntpd running?
    4) The machine you are accessing Ambari Web with (via a browser), how close is that time to the time of the machines in your cluster?

Thanks.

Collapse
Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)