Home Forums Ambari ambari-agent fails to start after updating

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sasha J 1 year, 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Ray Roberts
    Participant

I just recently installed HDP with 100% success, all green lights in Ambari. However, I just ran a yum update on one of my data nodes and now ambari fails to start. It looks like a newer version of ambari agent was installed in this yum update process.

Any ideas what could have happened?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Sasha J

Ray,
    it is not good to have one agent on the different version from the server and other agents.
    Please, go ahead stop ambari-server and all ambari-agents and perform “yum update ambari-server” and “yum update ambari-agent” on all your nodes.
    Then restore saved configurations and start all the processes.

This way you will be on the latest Ambari version, which was just released few days ago.

Thank you!
    Sasha

Collapse

Ray Roberts
    Participant

Robert,

I did a “yum update”

-Ray

Collapse

Robert
    Participant

Hi Ray,
    Thanks for the information. Did you do a yum update with no parameters passed or did you pass in parameter?

Regards,
    Robert

Collapse

Ray Roberts
    Participant

Ok, so I think I figured it out.

After the the new version of ambari(ver-1.2.2.5-1) was installed, it seems as though the /etc/ambari-agent/conf is copied to conf.save.

This causes the ambari-agent to no longer have a ambari-agent.ini

Once I copied the conf.save to /etc/ambari-agent/conf/ the agent started successfully.

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)