HDP on Linux – Installation Forum

Ambari agent registration failed

NewBe Lee

Hi guys,

First time try to install HDP using Ambari, when at the step of registering agents with server it failed, got error message below:

Controller.py:100 – Cannot register host with not supported os type, hostname=bidw-hdp-02.priv.zulily.com, serverOsType=redhat6, agentOstype=centos linux6

which doesn’t make sense that all nodes installed with same OS, centos6.0, tried few times even reinstalled Ambari still not working. Looked into some Python scripts but don’t see a clue where to fix it, anyone has any idea to fix it??? it’s quite frustrating…

thanks a ton!

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Jeff Sposetti

Looks like someone else had a similar issue and has posted a workaround:

Can you confirm: are you running Ambari 1.5.0? “ambari-server –version”

NewBe Lee

Thanks for reply. I got it fixed myself by modifying a piece of code on Ambari Agent servers, Facter.py, the part of detecting OS, I forced it to return same OS type of Ambari server, and registration succeeded. This seems a bug to me and not sure I make a right change….scary

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.