Home Forums Ambari Ambari Agent Registration Failure on RHEL 6.5 Due to OpenSSL

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Darius Agharokh 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Pramod Thangali

Ambari Agent Registration Failure on RHEL 6.5 Due to OpenSSL

Symptom: If you are deploying HDP using Ambari on RHEL 6.5 you will likely see Ambari Agents fail to register with Ambari Server during the Confirm Hosts step in the Cluster Install wizard. After clicking on Failed link on the Wizard page to display the Agent logs. You will see a log entry that looks like this indicating the SSL connection between the Agent and Server failed during registration.

INFO 2014-04-02 04:25:22,669 NetUtil.py:55 - Failed to connect to https://<ambari-server>:8440/cert/ca due to [Errno 1] _ssl.c:492: error:100AE081:elliptic curve routines:EC_GROUP_new_by_curve_name:unknown group

Platforms:

• RHEL / CentOS 6.5
    • Ambari 1.4 or later

Root Cause: The OpenSSL library available and installed by default on RHEL/CentOS 6.5 has a bug. Refer to https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1025598 for detailed information on the bug.

Remedy:

1. Check the OpenSSL library version installed on your host(s):

rpm -qa | grep openssl

openssl-1.0.1e-15.el6.x86_64

2. If the output says openssl-1.0.1e-15.x86_64 (1.0.1 build 15) you will need to upgrade the OpenSSL library by running the following command:

yum upgrade openssl

3. Verify you have the newer version of OpenSSL (1.0.1 build 16):

rpm -qa | grep openssl

openssl-1.0.1e-16.el6.x86_64

4. Restart Ambari Agent(s) and Click Retry Failed on the Wizard.
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Darius Agharokh
    Participant

Hi, this issue is now resolved. Started the agent manually on the two nodes and ‘retry’ the install. went much further and failed again as I had specified two directories for the namenode (comma delimited), removed the second directory , the install went through.
    Regards
    Darius

Collapse

Darius Agharokh
    Participant

Hi, Not sure if this is the correct thread. I am doing an automated install with Ambari 1.6 and hdp2.0. On “Cluster Install Wizard” step during ‘Install, start and Test”, I get a failure on two nodes of my 5 node test cluster. The error “Hearbeat lost for cluster”. “Ambari agent process is not heartbeating on the host”. This is happening on one of my datanodes and my master namenode. I have correct ssl version,. perhaps not the correct thread, can you please direct me .
    Many thanks
    Darius

Collapse

Jie Lu
    Participant

I already install openssl-1..0.1e-16.el6_5.x86_64 on ambari-server and ambari-agent.
    But it is also print out this error info without no reason after “due to”.

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)