Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Ambari DataNode Install Error

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Fred LaCrosse 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Fred LaCrosse
    Participant

I’m getting the error below when the DataNode is trying to install. I haven’t had much luck in tracking down what this error is related to and how I can correct it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

err: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hadoop::Initialize/Hdp::Package[ambari-log4j]/Hdp::Package::Process_pkg[ambari-log4j]/Package[ambari-log4j]/ensure: change from absent to present failed: Execution of ‘/usr/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0 -y install ambari-log4j’ returned 1: Error: Nothing to do

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Fred LaCrosse
    Participant

Thanks Dave, I’m up and running now! I had missed all the packages in the public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/index.html#/ambari-beta/centos6/1.x/beta/1.4.0.18/noarch folder on my local repository.

Collapse

Dave

Hi Fred,

It looks like the local repository on the machine you were installing the DataNode was missing the ambari-log4j package – this would throw the error you were seeing and why it worked when you gave it internet connection.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Fred LaCrosse
    Participant

well, I played around with this during my lunch break and it seems related to the local repositories I set up. When I flipped the one machine that has internet connectivity to use the ambari.repo from http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/ambari-beta/centos6/1.x/beta/ instead of using the local repository the DataNode completed installation. I’ll have to investigate this more when I get home.

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)