Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Ambari (HCM) Sandbox

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  tedr 9 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Pal J
    Participant

Can we install on Ambari (HMC) on HDP Sandbox, if yes can you please point me right direction

thanks

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

tedr

HI Jim, Navin,

Navin,
    I don’t currently know of any directions for getting the Ambari code into eclipse, I will research and get back to you.

Jim,
    The current release of the Sandbox (1.3) includes the ability to enable Ambari. there is now a button on the main Sandbox web page that brings up instructions for doing so.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

Navin Kumar

Hi Sasha

I was trying to get the Ambari code in my local repo and open it in eclipse to study the code. I was getting these errors when I was trying to open the Ambari code in eclipse.

I have re-posted these errors in a new thread.

Thank you
    Navin

Collapse

Sasha J

Navin,
    Could you explain what do you mean by that?
    Also, this thread is not about Ambari, it is about Sandbox, so please use appropriate thread.

Thank you!
    Sasha

Collapse

Navin Kumar

Ambari-server gives these error when loading on eclipse –
    1. Unable to ignore resources. Attempted to beginRule: F/ambari/ambari-server, does not match outer scope rule: MultiRule[P/ambari-server]

2. No marketplace entries found to handle build-helper-maven-plugin:1.8:regex-property in Eclipse

Please advise how to solve these errors. I want to open the Ambari code in eclipse and study the code.

Thanks
    Navin

Collapse

tedr

Hi Jim,

I’m told that this release should be sometime this quarter or early next quarter.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

Any time estimate on when a new Sandbox will be available that includes Ambari? I am using the Sandbox UI for things like HDFS, Pig and Hive, but have no feel for the “health” of the Hadoop environment. It would be nice to have that as a tab on the UI, preferably using Ambari to gain some familiarity with its features and potential.

Jim

Collapse

tedr

Hi Pal,

Thanks for trying the Hortonworks Sandbox.
    There is a new version of the Sandbox coming out shortly that will have Ambari installed. Please watch the announcements forum for it’s release.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)