Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Ambari instalation fails using Amazon VPC

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ivan Fernandez 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Ivan Fernandez
    Participant

Hi,

I’m trying to install HDP using Ambari. I posted the problems I’m having in this link:
    Ambari on Amazon VPC

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Ivan Fernandez
    Participant

Hi Jeff,

I was using SSH as root user. I finally overcame this issue, but I don’t fully understand why.

When I copied my pem key within the .ssh folder and moved it to the id_rsa file as the manual suggests, I had the problem explained in this post. So I didn’t copied and moved my pem file to the id_rsa file and everything started to work right away.

Regards,
    Iván

Collapse

Ivan Fernandez
    Participant

Hi Jeff,

I was using SSH as root user. I finally overcame this issue, but I don’t fully understand why.

When I copied my pem key within the .ssh folder and moved it to the id_rsa file as the manual suggests, I had the problem explained in this post. So I didn’t copied and moved my pem file to the id_rsa file and everything started to work right away.

Regards,
    Iván

Collapse

Jeff Sposetti

Are you using SSH to have ambari server connect to the host and bootstrap the agents?

Or are you manually installing the agents?

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-1.6.0.0/bk_ambari_reference/content/ambari-chap6-1.html

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)