Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation ambari install – how to change zookeeper directory after the fact

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dave 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

David Nguyen

I installed via Ambari (HDP 1.3.2) and at the time I set the zookeeper directory, but now I want to change it to move the zookeeper data onto its own set of disks. How do I change the zookeeper directory? The text box in the Ambari UI is greyed out even when zookeeper is stopped.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Dave

Hi David,

Sure no problem, I’m still awaiting confirmation on this change when using Ambari. Obviously if you install without Ambari (using the RPMs) then you wouldn’t be locked down into this.
    I’ll let you know when I have more information,

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

David Nguyen

Thanks for the reply.

Symlinking it works. I’m basically looking around the different distros right now and trying to figure out what is the right one for us. Not being able to do things like setting dataDir to be different than dataLogDir etc (custom zoo.cfg options) would be nice, but not necessarily a show stopper.

Collapse

Dave

Hi David,

I have tested this and it does not work through ambari.
    You can change it in the cfg located in /etc/zookeeper/conf and start zookeeper manually but if you start it in ambari it is overwritten.
    I know where this comes from but I don’t think it’s as easy as “just modifying” it there, let me check and get back to you.
    You could create a symbolic link or mount your drive there as a prospective workaround?

I’ll let you know,

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)