HDP on Linux – Installation Forum

ambari install – how to change zookeeper directory after the fact

David Nguyen

I installed via Ambari (HDP 1.3.2) and at the time I set the zookeeper directory, but now I want to change it to move the zookeeper data onto its own set of disks. How do I change the zookeeper directory? The text box in the Ambari UI is greyed out even when zookeeper is stopped.

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Replies
    Dave

Hi David,

I have tested this and it does not work through ambari.
    You can change it in the cfg located in /etc/zookeeper/conf and start zookeeper manually but if you start it in ambari it is overwritten.
    I know where this comes from but I don’t think it’s as easy as “just modifying” it there, let me check and get back to you.
    You could create a symbolic link or mount your drive there as a prospective workaround?

I’ll let you know,

Dave

David Nguyen

Thanks for the reply.

Symlinking it works. I’m basically looking around the different distros right now and trying to figure out what is the right one for us. Not being able to do things like setting dataDir to be different than dataLogDir etc (custom zoo.cfg options) would be nice, but not necessarily a show stopper.

Dave

Hi David,

Sure no problem, I’m still awaiting confirmation on this change when using Ambari. Obviously if you install without Ambari (using the RPMs) then you wouldn’t be locked down into this.
    I’ll let you know when I have more information,

Thanks

Dave

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.