Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Ambari Installer stuck at "Install, Start and Test" Screen

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dave 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

RAVI RANJAN
    Participant

Hello,

While deploying Ambari on Amazon EC2 we encountered failure at the “Install, Start and Test” screen. Both MySQL server and Nagios server failed to start. I have copied the top half of the log file of MySQL server. Also I am kind of stuck at that Install, Start and Test screen. I am neither able to go forward nor backward. I was hoping to do a fresh cluster install. Do let us know how to solve this issue.

err: /Stage[2]/Hdp-mysql::Server/Hdp::Package[mysql]/Hdp::Package::Process_pkg[mysql]/Package[mysql-server]/ensure: change from absent to present failed: Could not find package mysql-server
    err: /Stage[2]/Hdp-mysql::Server/Hdp::Package[mysql]/Hdp::Package::Process_pkg[mysql]/Package[mysql]/ensure: change from absent to present failed: Could not find package mysql
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-mysql::Server/Hdp::Package[mysql]/Hdp::Package::Process_pkg[mysql]/Anchor[hdp::package::mysql::end]: Dependency Package[mysql] has failures: true
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-mysql::Server/Hdp::Package[mysql]/Hdp::Package::Process_pkg[mysql]/Anchor[hdp::package::mysql::end]: Dependency Package[mysql-server] has failures: true
    warning: /Stage[2]/Hdp-mysql::Server/Hdp::Package[mysql]/Hdp::Package::Process_pkg[mysql]/Anchor[hdp::package::mysql::end]: Skipping because of failed dependencies
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-mysql::Server/Service[mysqld]: Dependency Package[mysql] has failures: true
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-mysql::Server/Service[mysqld]: Dependency Package[mysql-server] has failures: true

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Dave

Hi Ravi,

If you wish to clear everything and start again; you can run ambari-server reset
    After you run this you will lose all cluster information in your setup. You will need to clear up the users, directories & repositories on the machines to ensure a successful installation.

Are the repositories configured correctly on the EC2 servers as it looks like the mysql-server package cannot be found. What is the outcome of issuing the command “yum install mysql-server”

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)