Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Ambari server host registration after VM clone

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  K. Eric Harper 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

K. Eric Harper
    Participant

Gentlemen, thank you in advance for your assistance. I am cloning a virtual machine with Ambari server installed, and the clone has a new hostname. When ambari-server is restarted the log file /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log contains references to the old hostname. I find if I uninstall and reinstall and setup ambari-server fresh, the log file has references to both the old and new hostnames (heartbeat lost). Is it possible to edit the Ambari configuration instead of uninstalling and reinstalling ambari-server to register the correct hostname? I am guessing that the hostname is going into the database, maybe the edit is required there. What do you think?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

K. Eric Harper
    Participant

That was exactly the guidance I needed, thanks!

Collapse

Jeff Sposetti

If you do not need to preserve any of the ambari information (the info about the cluster layout, configs, etc), you can run “ambari-server reset” to clear the ambari database. You are prompted to confirm the reset (twice), so please be sure that is what you want to do, as it will erase the ambari-server database.

Collapse
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)