Home Forums Ambari ambari-server reset

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Haynes 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

David Haynes
    Participant

I am having the issue where the Ambari web service displays “…Loading…” after I upgraded HDP today. I have checked all the usual issues and am now at the point of considering doing an ‘ambari-server reset’.

My question is “Will this affect the data in the HDFS datanodes at all?” I cannot jeopardize this data and so, if there is any chance of it being affected, I will need to work on another approach.

Thanks

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

David Haynes
    Participant

OK It is definitely Firefox.
    I removed everything under ~/.mozilla/firefox and Ambari is working again.
    I suspect that, even though I asked it to clear the cache, it is still retaining some elements.
    Removing the contents of that directory is a bit harsh but it does illustrate the problem.

Collapse

David Haynes
    Participant

Did that – no change.
    Also went to Advanced and cleared both caches – no change.

Collapse

Jeff Sposetti

Let’s make sure the browser isn’t caching an older version of the Ambari Web scripts. Can you clear your browser cache plus hold-down shift + click reload on the sign-in page?

Collapse

David Haynes
    Participant

Some more data.
    This is starting to look like a Javascript coding/support issue between Ambari and Firefox.
    From the Firefox console:

SyntaxError: Using //@ to indicate source map URL pragmas is deprecated. Use //# instead (app.js:115943)
    "STATEMANAGER: Entering root" (vendor.js:17473)
    "TRACE: Entering db:getUser function" (app.js:90490)
    TypeError: App.db.data.app is undefined (app.js:90492)

Collapse

David Haynes
    Participant

Jeff:
    Thanks for letting me know that Ambari will not affect my HDFS data.
    I was running an HDP 2.0 stack and performed a yum update. The Ambari updated to 1.4.4.23-1.
    After this update, Ambari comes back with a ‘…Loading…’ message and does nothing after that.
    The firefox console shows Javascript warnings but no errors.

I am not the only one seeing this issue and no-one in these forums has an answer as to why this is happening or what a fix would be. Every posting I see on the subject ends up with something like “…and so I reinstalled Ambari’. If you want to offer some diagnostic steps I could take, I will try to accommodate you but I need to get this cluster back up soon.

Collapse

Jeff Sposetti

What version of Ambari are you running? And what version of HDP Stack (did you go to/from)? Do you see any javascript errors?

Ambari server reset only reset the ambari db (where configurations, cluster topo info, etc is stored). So it will not affect data in your cluster. But you will lose Ambari’s information about your cluster. I recommend to try to troubleshoot why the loading hang before resetting the ambari database.

Collapse
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)