The Hortonworks Community Connection is now live. A completely rebuilt Q&A forum, Knowledge Base, Code Hub and more, backed by the experts in the industry.

You will be redirected here in 10 seconds. If your are not redirected, click here to visit the new site.

The legacy Hortonworks Forum is now closed. You can view a read-only version of the former site by clicking here. The site will be taken offline on January 31,2016

Hortonworks Sandbox Forum

Ambari Service Customization

Please let me know the JIRA numbers of there is any work planned for adding/customizing any new service like Flume, Storm or any existing service on Ambari dashboard. How will I add my new service like Storm if I want to monitor through Ambari. As of now I think it’s customizing/modifying existing Ambari source code from github which can do this but I do not want to it to be repetitive task if same is being considered by Hortonworks already in upcoming release.

Please help me.

• Author
    Replies
    Jeff Sposetti

Hi,

Some info on adding new services to Ambari can be found on the Ambari project site. To add a service to Stack, you can checkout this wiki page…

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Adding+a+New+Service+as+part+of+the+Stack+Definition

As for specific services you’d like to see added, please file a JIRA Improvement…

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI

And there is some discussion starting about making it easier to add new services to a Stack. You can follow the discussion here…

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-2714

Thank you,
    Jeff

Thanks Jeff. This is I believe modifying the source code and deploying to run this behavior. I am more interested to add and configure any new service like Storm so that I can monitor storm running on different hosts.
    I have also created a JIRA story (AMBARI-2813) and linked to parent story (AMBARI-2714).

I am seeing that there is no provision even to configure or customize the existing services like Ganglia through Ambari UI. I have used HDP1.3 release docs to install and configure HDP1.3 on my local centOS machine which is 1 node cluster and running all services fine.

The forum ‘Hortonworks Sandbox’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.