Ambari Forum

Ambari UI stuck at "Loading…"

Mitali Sodhi

I am setting up a four node cluster with Ambari on CentOS 6.0. I installed Ambari-1.5 on master node, but when I was at the step of opening the Ambari login page on my node’s browser, the fields of Login and Password are not visible on the webpage. Instead, I just see the text “Loading…” on the screen.
    Then, I tried removing Ambari-1.5 and installed Ambari-1.4, but the issue still persists.

Can anyone tell me the reason for it and its solution?

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Seth Lyubich

Hi Mitali,

We have Ambari UI troubleshooting guide which can be found here:

Can you please follow this guide and provide us datapoint for further investigation?

Mitali Sodhi

Hi Seth,

So, I looked at the error console in my Firefox browser. Here are the two errors that are showing up:

1. Object.create is not a function
    This is in line:36476 of /usr/lib/ambari-server/web/javascripts/vendor.js
    var cubism_metricConstantPrototype = cubism_metricConstant.prototype= Object.create(cubism_metric.prototype);

2. Rickshaw is undefined
    This is in line:95288 of usr/lib/ambari-server/web/javascripts/app.js
    palette: new Rickshaw.Color.Palette({ scheme: ‘munin’}),

abhijeet apsunde

I’m seeing same problem

Tab shows following text :
    Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.
    See third-party tools/resources that Ambari uses and their respective authors

Javscript console has following errors

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

Ravulapati Hareesh

I am also facing the same issue. Can someone help me out please if have already fixed the issue? I’m facing this issue while trying to install Ambari 2.0

keith davis

I am having the this problem … does anyone have a solution … hangs at “Loading …”

i have VMware – centos 6.2 x64 … i have tried different versions of ambari but no go …

There is no firewall issues .. ssh works on root account with no password ….

Please Help!!

Mitali Sodhi

keith, try updating your browser. That worked for me.

keith davis

Thanks Mitali … that did it ….very confusing since other machine browsers were hanging as well … Thanks again!!

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.