Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Any HBASE success with Pig & Hue

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Christopher Even 4 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Scott Saufferer
    Participant

I’ve been trying to run various tests/tutorials, etc of using Pig via Hue to read and write to HBASE in the freshly downloaded and installed sandbox environment. Every trial fails with some java error or another. Many of which are class not found exceptions (do I need to register every jar myself in the pig script?)

Is anyone else having luck with using HBASE via Pig in the sandbox?

Here’s an example of the many different errors I’m getting:

1) java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.TableSplit not found
    2) 2014-08-12 16:38:41,737 [main] ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.GruntParser – ERROR 2998: Unhandled internal error. org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.ClientProtos$MutationProto$MutationType

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Christopher Even
    Participant

I got it working!
    sudo cp /usr/lib/hbase/lib/hbase-*hadoop2.jar /usr/lib/Hadoop/lib
    sudo cp /usr/lib/hbase/lib/htrace*.jar /usr/lib/Hadoop/lib
    sudo cp /usr/lib/hbase/lib/protobuf*.jar /usr/lib/Hadoop/lib

+ i have the reverse DNS set up on my own DNS server. Changed resolv.conf to point to my own server.. NOTE: it changes back each reboot.

Collapse

Christopher Even
    Participant

I have had no luck either. Went through the same process of copying around jars till the class not founds were gone.
    Then I was getting a reverse DNS error on tablesplit which I fixed by changing the DNS server 8.8.8.8 to my own and adding a PTR.
    Now i am getting:
    ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.Grunt – ERROR 1066: Unable to open iterator for alias raw. Backend error : org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TableName

Seems i am almost there…
    I am running latest download on Hyper-V.

I am also VERY interested in whether anyone has this actually working!

Collapse
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)