Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Beeswax Query Results not behaving correctly?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  F T 4 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Craig Bryden

I am working my way through the Sandbox tutorials and am getting strange behaviour from the Beeswax query results screen. It displays the first 100 rows, but when I click on the “Next Page” button, it says “No Data Available”. Based on the query, I should be getting a lot more than 100 rows back.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks
    Craig

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

F T
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I had the same problem when I run the Tutorials in SandBox 1.3

in this Tutorial, http://zh.hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/how-to-process-data-with-apache-hive/
    after you execute any “select *******” sql script in Beeswax(Hive UI), then you will get “No data available” if you click “Next page” button.

Any solution to fix it?

Thank you.

Tao

Collapse

Cheryle Custer

Hi Craig,

You will need to start the tutorial again. They don’t necessarily build off of each other, so you may just want to dive in on the tutorial where you saw this issue arise.

Collapse

Craig Bryden

Hi
    I am running the 1.3 sandbox. Can I download the 2.0 sandbox and pick up where I left off, or do I need to start at the begining of the tutorials again?

Cheers
    Craig

Collapse

Dave

Hi Craig,

Are you running the 1.3 Sandbox?
    As this is not reproducible in the 2.0 sandbox, however I recall having similar issues in 1.3

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Dave

Hi Craig,

Are you running the 1.3 Sandbox?
    As this is not reproducible in the 2.0 sandbox, however I recall having similar issues in 1.3

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Craig Bryden

An example is “Select * from batting_data” from tutorial 4

Let me know if you need any more information

thanks
    Craig

Collapse

hello,
    I have the same problem. hive shows me only the first 100 records. when i click on next page click “No data available”

does anyone have any solution?

Collapse

Dave

Hi Craig

It is possibly an issue with HUE. I would need to check for you – what query are you running?

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)