Home Forums Hue beeswax start false,Permission denied

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  easyoups 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Terry Chan
    Participant

My HDPversion is 2.1,and ambari version is 1.5.1,I follow the manually_book step by step,and start Hue,but it shutdown in 26 sec.I found in the error in “beeswax_server.out”,the error is :
    Executing /usr/bin/hadoop jar /usr/lib/hue/apps/beeswax/src/beeswax/../../java-lib/BeeswaxServer.jar –beeswax 8002 –desktop-host 127.0.0.1 –desktop-port 8000 –query-lifetime 604800000 –desktop-https true –metastore 8003
    14/05/02 12:03:35 ERROR beeswax.Server: Error while trying to check/create /tmp and warehouse directory /user/hive/warehouse
    org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Permission denied: user=hue, access=EXECUTE, inode=”/user/hive”:hive:hdfs:drwx——

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

easyoups
    Participant

Hi

I met different problems for installing hue. I give some tips…
    1) add proxyuser properties for hue in core-site.xml… More precisely, add properties in the ambari interface, as the file is regenerated at each restart.
    2) Hue uses TCP/8000, that was already bound by Storm on my platform. Stop Hue, stop Storm, start hue and start storm will free TCP/8000 and hue will start correctly (and storm too).
    3) hue uses webhdfs… and is configured by default on localhost.

[30/Apr/2014 13:18:54 +0000] webhdfs ERROR Failed to determine superuser of WebHdfs at http://localhost:50070/webhdfs/v1/: <urlopen error [Errno 111] Connection refused>

TCP/50700 is not bound on localhost but only on the public IP on my platform:

# netstat -na| grep LISTEN | grep 50070
    tcp 0 0 10.0.0.244:50070 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN

Change webhdfs_url in hue.ini config file for using the right channel for webhdfs and not localhost.
    4) if you are connected with hue user in Hue, you will not access to /user/hive. Create a hive user in the interface and use it (or change filesystem rights with the appropriate value).

Regards

regards

Collapse

Dave

Hi Terry,

Your user doesn’t have permission to check /tmp or /user/hive
    Please ensure the permissions are correct in HDFS and also check to ensure that your user hue is in the correct group (usually hadoop)

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Terry Chan
    Participant

14/05/02 12:03:35 ERROR beeswax.Server: Error while trying to check/create /tmp and warehouse directory /user/hive/warehouse
    org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Permission denied: user=hue, access=EXECUTE, inode=”/user/hive”:hive:hdfs:drwx—

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)