Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox BeeswaxException when creating table from twitter API

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Vikas Thakur 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Wenzhao Li

I followed the tutorial 13 in Windows 7:

http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/how-to-refine-and-visualize-sentiment-data/

when I went to step 4 to browse data in tweets_raw, I recieved following:
    Could not read table
    BeeswaxException(handle=QueryHandle(log_context=’ae18ae74-518f-400b-b4b0-d399ed78e194′, id=’ae18ae74-518f-400b-b4b0-d399ed78e194′), log_context=’ae18ae74-518f-400b-b4b0-d399ed78e194′, SQLState=’ ‘, _message=None, errorCode=0)

and when I click on the “tweets_raw”, I recieved:
    Error getting table description

Traceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/lib/hue/apps/hcatalog/src/hcatalog/views.py”, line 145, in describe_table table_desc_extended = HCatClient(request.user.username).describe_table_extended(table, db=database) File “/usr/lib/hue/apps/hcatalog/src/hcatalog/hcat_client.py”, line 143, in describe_table_extended raise Exception(error) Exception: Could not get table description (extended): {“errorDetail”:”java.lang.RuntimeException: MetaException(message:org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.SerDeException SerDe org.openx.data.jsonserde.JsonSerDe does not exist)\n\tat org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Table.getDeserializerFromMetaStore(Table.java:274)\n\tat org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Table.getDeserializer(Table.java:265)\n\tat org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Table.getCols(Table.java:597)\n\tat org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Table.checkValidity(Table.java:170)\n\tat org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.getTable(Hive.java:991)\n\tat org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.getTable(Hive.java:924)\n\tat org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask.showTableStatus(DDLTask.java:2689)\n\tat org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask.execute(DDLTask.java:343)\n\tat org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Task.executeTask(Task.java:151)\n\tat org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.TaskRunner.runSequential(TaskRunner.java:65)\n\tat
    ……
    and other tables could not be established also.
    what can I do to create a table?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Vikas Thakur
    Participant

Hi Cheryle Custer,

As per your last comment on this topic, you people were working on updating the Sentiment tutorial to work with sandbox 2.0 (http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/how-to-refine-and-visualize-sentiment-data/), Can you please let us know when this tutorial will be working with 2.1 version of sandbox.

Regards,
    Vikas Thakur

Collapse

Rahul Dhond
    Participant

Hi Rajesh,
    I am using Sandbox 1.3. The root of the problem was the .jar file (the one that I mentioned in my earlier reply). Once I copied that to /root, other things fell in place and the above error also went away.
    thanks & regards,
    Rahul

Collapse

Hi,

I think currently tutorial is not supported for Sandbox 2.0 in case you are using this version.

Regards,
    Rajesh K Singh
    Aditi Technologies Ltd.

Collapse

Rahul Dhond
    Participant

Hello,
    I am doing the same tutorial (13, Sentiment data) and using Sandbox version 1.3. When I run hiveddl.sql in hive, I get
    Could not read table

BeeswaxException(errorCode=0, log_context=’cf02f84a-f92e-4091-951e-6438752ad04c’, message=’OK\nFAILED: RuntimeException MetaException(message:org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.SerDeException SerDe org.openx.data.jsonserde.JsonSerDe does not exist)\n’, SQLState=’ ‘, handle=QueryHandle(log_context=’cf02f84a-f92e-4091-951e-6438752ad04c’, id=’cf02f84a-f92e-4091-951e-6438752ad04c’))

Is the ‘JSON Serde does not exist’ error because it cannot find it? I have it copied to my /root on CentOS. Should I be moving it to HDFS?

Also, the extracted files for this tutorial contain hive_raw.sql and some other files that dont seem to be used at all for the tutorial. Is that correct (or do they need to be used to run this tutorial successfully)? Could you please let me know? Thanks.

regards,
    Rahul

Collapse

Wenzhao Li

I do use the the 2.0 version of the Sandbox, so what I can do? can I download the 1.3 version?

Collapse

Cheryle Custer

Hi.

Which version of Sandbox are you using?
    Where are you pulling the Sentiment Tutorial from? Are you pulling the tutorial from here: http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/how-to-refine-and-visualize-sentiment-data/?

Note that the Sentiment tutorial on the website only works with the 1.3 version of the Sandbox. We are working to update it to work with the 2.0 version of the Sandbox.

Collapse
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)