Home Forums Hive / HCatalog BeeswaxException when creating table from twitter API

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Rajesh K Singh 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Wenzhao Li

I followed the tutorial 13 in Windows 7:

http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/how-to-refine-and-visualize-sentiment-data/

when I went to step 4 to browse data in tweets_raw, I recieved following:
    Could not read table
    BeeswaxException(handle=QueryHandle(log_context=’ae18ae74-518f-400b-b4b0-d399ed78e194′, id=’ae18ae74-518f-400b-b4b0-d399ed78e194′), log_context=’ae18ae74-518f-400b-b4b0-d399ed78e194′, SQLState=’ ‘, _message=None, errorCode=0)

and when I click on the “tweets_raw”, I recieved:
    Error getting table description

Traceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/lib/hue/apps/hcatalog/src/hcatalog/views.py”, line 145, in describe_table table_desc_extended = HCatClient(request.user.username).describe_table_extended(table, db=database) File “/usr/lib/hue/apps/hcatalog/src/hcatalog/hcat_client.py”, line 143, in describe_table_extended raise Exception(error) Exception: Could not get table description (extended): {“errorDetail”:”java.lang.RuntimeException: MetaException(message:org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.SerDeException SerDe org.openx.data.jsonserde.JsonSerDe does not exist)\n\tat org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Table.getDeserializerFromMetaStore(Table.java:274)\n\tat org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Table.getDeserializer(Table.java:265)\n\tat org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Table.getCols(Table.java:597)\n\tat org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Table.checkValidity(Table.java:170)\n\tat org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.getTable(Hive.java:991)\n\tat org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.getTable(Hive.java:924)\n\tat org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask.showTableStatus(DDLTask.java:2689)\n\tat org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask.execute(DDLTask.java:343)\n\tat org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Task.executeTask(Task.java:151)\n\tat org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.TaskRunner.runSequential(TaskRunner.java:65)\n\tat
    ……
    and other tables could not be established also.
    what can I do to create a table?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Hi Rahul,

It seems they have missed to add one more point in the tutorial.
    Please copy “json-serde-1.1.6-SNAPSHOT-jar-with-dependencies.jar” files also at the root folder where you have copied hiveddl.sql file.

After you are done copying jar file at the root folder RUN following command on VM Console.

hive -f hiveddl.sql

Thanks,
    Rajesh K Singh
    Aditi Technologies Pvt Limited.

Collapse

Rahul Dhond
    Participant

Hi WenZhao (or anyone else on this forum who can help),
    I am stuck at step 4 too. I am getting a Json Serde error of ‘file not found’. Maybe you have done that part correctly, so I want to ask you this. Where is the json-serde-1.1.6-SNAPSHOT-jar-with-dependencies file supposed to go? Do you keep it on /root ? I believe it goes in $/HIVE_HOME/lib..I have tried both but it didn’t work. Could you please let me know?

By the way, I am using Sandbox 1.3.

thanks & regards
    Rahul

Collapse
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)