Home Forums HDP on Windows – Installation Better UI for HDinsight

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Robert Molina 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Hi there ,
    I’m using azure’s HDinsight but I really don’t like the interactive simple UI and features , I’m looking for something more like Hortonworks Sandbox UI so we can better use HCatalog , Pig , Hive , Explore the HDFS etc.

Is there a way to install something like sandbox on my HDinsight server?

Thank you

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Robert Molina

Hi Rotem,
    I am not aware of anyone using multiple OS platforms with HDP, but there is a component called WebHcat (i.e. used to referred to as Templeton) which is a REST API server. Thus you should be able to trigger a pig or hive job using that component from any platform since REST is platform independent. Here is more information:

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP1/HDP-1.2.4/bk_dataintegration/content/ch_using_hcatalog_1.html

Hope that helps.

Regards,
    Robert

Collapse

Hi Robert thanks for answering ,

If I’ll add another linux VM to my azure account and install the HDP for linux or the Sandbox is there any known way to run Hive / Pig queries on my HDInsight server using this linux machine?

Collapse

Robert Molina

Hi Rotem,
    At the moment, I don’t believe it is possible to do so. The sandbox UI you are referring to is actually the apache project Hue, which at the moment is only supported on the linux HDP platform.

Regards,
    Robert

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)