Home Forums HDFS Cannot do Stress Testing

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Tom Stewart 6 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Hi,

I am unable to find the jars hadoop-test-* in the HDP2.0.* versions and hence not able to do the performance checks (like commands TESTDFSIO). Please let me know where these jars wil be available or how can theses kinds of tests be done in HDP 2.0

Thanks,
    Arun

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Tom Stewart
    Participant

Use the locate command with xargs if you have both:

[ads@zlabads23 hadoop-mapreduce]$ locate hadoop-mapreduce*.jar | xargs grep DFS
    Binary file /usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/hadoop-mapreduce-client-jobclient-2.4.0.2.1.2.0-402-tests.jar matches

Collapse

Thanks.

I was able to find the JARS, but still unable to execute the commands. I tried doing the testing in both HDP 2.0.2 and HDP 2.0.6 but getting the ‘No such method error’. Below is the error , please let me know if there is a solution.

# hadoop jar /usr/lib/hadoop-0.20-mapreduce/hadoop-test.jar TestDFSIO -write -nrFiles 10 -fileSize 100
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.hadoop.util.ProgramDriver.driver([Ljava/lang/String;)I
    at org.apache.hadoop.test.AllTestDriver.main(AllTestDriver.java:81)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:212)

Collapse

Divya Tuduma

It is present under the directory /usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce and the jar is : hadoop-mapreduce-examples-2.2.0.2.0.6.0-76.jar. Hope it helped.

Collapse

Prem Jain

I have the same issue. Cant find the jar file to run the benchmarks.

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)