Hive / HCatalog Forum

Cannot find Hive data source in ODBC data source list after HiveODBC's installed

Bryan Hsueh
    Participant

I’m trying to apply SSAS onto local single node Hive. First problem I’ve encounter here is that I cannot find Hive data source in the ODBC data source list.

I did all the steps provided by online materials.

And set up a Hive ODBC Data Source Name, configure Host & Port correctly. Also when I click “Test” button in Figure 1, it pops up the Microsoft Hive ODBC Driver Data Source Test window as Figure 2, telling me connection is successful. However, when I try to test it manually in Excel, add data source, I cannot find the Hive Data source I just created. I’ve already tried to restart my computer, yet still not working.

I’m new to this. Would you please help me out here? Many thanks.

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Replies
    Yi Zhang

Hi Bryan,

Do you see the sample hortonworks hive DSN when you add external database source in Excel? Also is this windows client or Mac?

Thanks,
    Yi

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.