Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Cannot Import Sandbox 2.0 into VMWare Player

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  AssortedOrb 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

David Kurniawan
    Participant

Hi guys,

I have problem in starting the sandbox in VMWare Player. When I opened the .ova file and the VMWare is importing the file, the process can not be completed and an error message showed up:
    Failed to open virtual machine: Unknown error, please try again. If the problem persists, please contact VMware Technical Support and provide C:\Users\david.kurniawan\AppData\Local\Temp\vmware-david.kurniawan\ovftool.log.

Any idea how to solve this?

I am currently running Windows 7 Enterprise, trying to run Sandbox 2.0 on VMWare Player 6.0.1.

Thanks before

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

AssortedOrb
    Participant

Hi David,
    I downloaded Sandbox 2.1 on Windows 7 Enterprise from IE 8, the size of the file is approximately 2.8 GB. And I successfully started it using VMWare Player 6.0.2. This is approximately 1 GB more than the previously downloaded file (using Chrome 34) , that I was unsuccessful in opening in VMWare Player, so the previous file was definitely corrupt. Please check the size of your downloaded file and try again.

Thanks,
    S

Collapse

AssortedOrb
    Participant

Thanks David for your response.
    I am using Virtual Box 4.3.12, windows 7, Sandbox 2.1. I downloaded the Sandbox again from the website, and did see a significant difference in the size. This one is approximately 2.8 GB. But after that, when I try to “dive in”, its not letting me enter the Sandbox UI (http://127.0.0.1:8000) on Chrome, IE and Firefox :( I guess I will create a separate thread for this. But it just did not work on VMWare Player… aarghhh

Sorry, I am of no help :(

Thanks,
    S

Collapse

David Kurniawan
    Participant

Sadly, it seems that the moderator here cannot solve it either Shwetha :(

Collapse

AssortedOrb
    Participant

Hi David,
    I am getting the same error on VMware Player. Did you find a resolution to the issue? Can you please share?
    Thanks.

Collapse

David Kurniawan
    Participant

Hi Ian,

I have tried to download it numerous of times and haven’t succeeded. I also tried the VirtualBox and it worked flawlessly. The problem is that the company is running a VMWare environment, so they prefer the VMWare version of it.

Collapse

iandr413

Hi David,
    Have you tried to download the .ova file again as the first one may be corrupt? You may also want to try this on VirtualBox to see if the process goes more smoothly. I hope this helps.

Ian

Collapse
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)