Home Forums Ambari Cannot start namenode in Ambari

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jason Williams 7 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Jason Williams
    Participant

I am unable to start the namenode on my cluster using Ambari. I am getting several errors, which include.

• notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hadoop::Initialize/Configgenerator::Configfile[hdfs-site]/File[/etc/hadoop/conf/hdfs-site.xml]/content: content changed ‘{md5}….0′ to ‘{md5}….5′
    • notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hadoop::Initialize/Configgenerator::Configfile[capacity-scheduler]/File[/etc/hadoop/conf/capacity-scheduler.xml]/content: content changed ‘{md5}…..d’ to ‘{md5}…..3′
    • notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hadoop::Initialize/Configgenerator::Configfile[capacity-scheduler]/File[/etc/hadoop/conf/capacity-scheduler.xml]/owner: owner changed ‘yarn’ to ‘hdfs’
    • notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hadoop::Initialize/Configgenerator::Configfile[core-site]/File[/etc/hadoop/conf/core-s
    • ERROR: Namenode directory(s) is non empty. Will not format the namenode. List of non-empty namenode dirs
    • returned 1 instead of one of [0] at /var/lib/ambari-agent/puppet/modules/hdp-hadoop/manifests/namenode/format.pp:53

• /Anchor[hdp::exec::set namenode mark::begin]: Dependency Exec[/tmp/checkForFormat.sh] has failures: true
    • /Exec[set namenode mark]: Dependency Exec[/tmp/checkForFormat.sh] has failures: true
    • Exec[mkdir -p /var/run/hadoop/hdfs]/Anchor[hdp::exec::mkdir -p /var/run/hadoop/hdfs::begin]: Dependency Exec[/tmp/checkForFormat.sh] has failures: true
    • Exec[mkdir -p /var/log/hadoop/hdfs]/Exec[mkdir -p /var/log/hadoop/hdfs]: Dependency Exec[/tmp/checkForFormat.sh] has failures: true
    • Exec[mkdir -p /var/log/hadoop/hdfs]/Anchor[hdp::exec::mkdir -p /var/log/hadoop/hdfs::end]: Dependency Exec[/tmp/checkForFormat.sh] has failures: true

If this is not the correct forum to post this, please let me know. Thank you

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Jason Williams
    Participant

No, this is not the first time we are starting the namenode from ambari. right now the only folder inside of the namenode directory is current.

Can i safely delete the “current” folder and it’s contents?

Thank you,
    Jason

Collapse

Kenny Zhang

Hi Jason,

Is this the first time you bring up Namenode from Ambari? If yes, please let me know whether this is a fresh and clean install or you’re performing a Ambari takeover.

I suspect that your dfs.name.dir is not clean, which is specify in the hdfs-site.xml should be empty in the first time for the NN format. If this should a fresh install, then you might want to make sure the dfs.name.dir is empty first.

Please note dfs.name.dir is deprecated by dfs.namenode.name.dir in HDP 2.

Thanks,
    Kenny

Collapse
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)