Hortonworks Sandbox Forum

Cann't start Sandbox on VM VirtualBox

Huasi Xiao
    Participant

Hi,

When I try to start the SandBox2.1 in the Oracle VM VirtualBox, I get this error message:
    Failed to open a session for the virtual machine Hortonworks Sandbox 2.1.

The virtual machine ‘Hortonworks Sandbox 2.1′ has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1.

Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
    Component: Machine
    Interface: IMachine {480cf695-2d8d-4256-9c7c-cce4184fa048}

How to fix it?

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Replies
    aks
    Participant

I am facing the same issue. Can anyone help please?

Leili Javadpour
    Participant

I am having the same issue. Using windows 8 and have tried installing both the HDP 2.1 and 1.3.
    Failed to open a session for the virtual machine Hortonworks Sandbox 2.1.
    Please help…

The virtual machine ‘Hortonworks Sandbox 2.1′ has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1.

Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
    Component: Machine
    Interface: IMachine {480cf695-2d8d-4256-9c7c-cce4184fa048}

Leili Javadpour
    Participant

I tried downloading the sandbox using firefox and I was able to start it in VM. The problem you are having might be that you are downloading with the latest version of chrom or ie, try firefox and see if it helps.

Aditya Pathak
    Participant

For running on windows 8 : right click on the VirtualBox and run as administrator. That should resolve access issue to kernel. This will probably work on older versions as well.

Komal Dedhia
    Participant

Even I am getting the same error
    Can anyone pls help!!

Komal Dedhia
    Participant

There is some problem in Oracle Virtual Box 4.3.14
    I was getting same error and it disappeared after using used Oracle Virtual Box 4.3.12
    Hope this helps every one!

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.