Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Can't connect to git repos to clone on Sandbox

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chris Lee 4 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Chris Lee
    Participant

Hello, tried to get started with Hadoop in 15 minutes. I think I’m in hour eight or nine at this point.. Anyway, I got the sandbox up and running. Tried to login and just clone the project we want to see will work on Hortonworks and nothing I do gets through the wall of w/e is making this image not want to connect to our git repos.

Example (With redactions for privacy):
    [root@sandbox testingWork]# git clone httpGitRepoLocation
    Initialized empty Git repository in /home/testingWork/someRepo/.git/
    Password:
    error: Couldn’t resolve host ‘gitrepohtto’ while accessing httpGitRepoLocation
    fatal: HTTP request failed

All right, then I tried to do it with ssh.

[root@sandbox testingWork]# git clone ssh://gitRepoLocation
    Initialized empty Git repository in /home/testingWork/someGitRepo/.git/
    ssh: Could not resolve hostname gitRepoLocation: Name or service not known
    fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

So, I tried sshing into other machines on our network, or not on our network. I ping lots of websites. I even successfully sshed into the box running our Git repos. But for some reason, no matter what I try, what keys I use, what method I use to clone it, I cannot get git to clone a repository on my machine. I’m incredibly stumped because every mechanism I’d use (ssh, getting to other places on the net) works fine (i.e I can ssh all over the place and access web locations). So is there something I’m missing about how I need to configure this to work on the Hortonworks sandbox? Because as of now I’m a bit disappointed.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Chris Lee
    Participant

Managed to fix this on my own. Not sure which of the two solutions worked, but I regenerated all my ssh keys and ran verbose SSH and had to use the literal IP Address of our git repository (In lieu of the URL it’s set up on). Possible proxy issues? Not sure.

Collapse
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)