Hortonworks Sandbox Forum

can't import hyper-v virtual machine on windows 8.1

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Geoff Clark

I have the same issue. The solution is in the link Alan provided. Is it possible for Hortonworks to provide a Windows 8.1/Windows 2012 R2 Hyper-V Sandbox?

Bart Sipes

I’m seeing the same issue as well. Is anyone from Hortonworks able to confirm this and re-export the Sandbox?

Michal Smereczynski

I have the same issue. As Geoff mentioned, the solution is in the link Alan provided. Please Hortonworks – provide a Windows 8.1/Windows 2012 R2 Hyper-V Sandbox. This is VERY necessary for me. I’m working on Sandbox cloud image and I need Hyper-V (WS2012/Win8.1) image for this.

Rohit Bakhshi

Hi all,

Thank you for reaching out. Apologies in the delay in response.
    We are investigating this issue with Hyper-V Sandbox on the latest Windows 8.1 and Windows 2012 R2 Operating System versions.
    Which version of the HDP Sandbox are you working with? Is it HDP 1.3 or HDP 2.0?

I’ll keep you all updated on our progress.

Michal Smereczynski

If it is possible, it would be nice to see both HDP 1.3 and HDP 2.0 hyper-v images. If it is not possible then 2.0 should be available IMHO. Thanx and waiting! 😉

Bart Sipes

Hi Rohit, I was trying with the HDP 2.0 sandbox.

Michal Smereczynski

And? Is there any chance for hyper-v image?

Rohit Bakhshi

Hi Michal,

Thanks for you feedback and input – We have investigated this issue, and are targeting to add Windows 8.1 support as part of the release for our upcoming HDP 2.1 release of the Hortonworks Sandbox. This Sandbox release is in the next month and half timeframe.

For HDP 2.0, in the mean time, would it be possible for you to use another of the virtualization platform options on Windows? VirtualBox or VMware Player are both available on Windows.

Michal Smereczynski

And? New version is online.

Seb Waks

Hmm do we have any update about sandbox for hyper-v. ?

Rohit Bakhshi

Hi Seb and Michal,

We are working on the HDP 2.1 Sandbox release – which will include Hyper-V support. I’ll update this thread when it is available.

We currently have a Technical Preview Virtual Machine for HDP 2.1 that includes limited support for virtualization platforms. We will be following up with a comprehensive Sandbox release as part of the product release for HDP 2.1.

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.