Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox can't import hyper-v virtual machine on windows 8.1

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Rohit Bakhshi 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Rohit Bakhshi

Hi Seb and Michal,

We are working on the HDP 2.1 Sandbox release – which will include Hyper-V support. I’ll update this thread when it is available.

We currently have a Technical Preview Virtual Machine for HDP 2.1 that includes limited support for virtualization platforms. We will be following up with a comprehensive Sandbox release as part of the product release for HDP 2.1.

Collapse

Seb Waks
    Participant

Hmm do we have any update about sandbox for hyper-v. ?

Collapse

Michal Smereczynski
    Participant

And? New version is online.

Collapse

Rohit Bakhshi

Hi Michal,

Thanks for you feedback and input – We have investigated this issue, and are targeting to add Windows 8.1 support as part of the release for our upcoming HDP 2.1 release of the Hortonworks Sandbox. This Sandbox release is in the next month and half timeframe.

For HDP 2.0, in the mean time, would it be possible for you to use another of the virtualization platform options on Windows? VirtualBox or VMware Player are both available on Windows.

Collapse

Michal Smereczynski
    Participant

And? Is there any chance for hyper-v image?

Collapse

Bart Sipes
    Participant

Hi Rohit, I was trying with the HDP 2.0 sandbox.

Collapse

Michal Smereczynski
    Participant

If it is possible, it would be nice to see both HDP 1.3 and HDP 2.0 hyper-v images. If it is not possible then 2.0 should be available IMHO. Thanx and waiting! ;)

Collapse

Rohit Bakhshi

Hi all,

Thank you for reaching out. Apologies in the delay in response.
    We are investigating this issue with Hyper-V Sandbox on the latest Windows 8.1 and Windows 2012 R2 Operating System versions.
    Which version of the HDP Sandbox are you working with? Is it HDP 1.3 or HDP 2.0?

I’ll keep you all updated on our progress.

Collapse

Michal Smereczynski
    Participant

I have the same issue. As Geoff mentioned, the solution is in the link Alan provided. Please Hortonworks – provide a Windows 8.1/Windows 2012 R2 Hyper-V Sandbox. This is VERY necessary for me. I’m working on Sandbox cloud image and I need Hyper-V (WS2012/Win8.1) image for this.

Collapse

Bart Sipes
    Participant

I’m seeing the same issue as well. Is anyone from Hortonworks able to confirm this and re-export the Sandbox?

Collapse

Geoff Clark
    Participant

I have the same issue. The solution is in the link Alan provided. Is it possible for Hortonworks to provide a Windows 8.1/Windows 2012 R2 Hyper-V Sandbox?

Collapse
Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)