Home Forums Ambari Cant Readd Host, Deleting is not working properly

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jeff Sposetti 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Hi,
    So i messed up the nodemanager at one host and decided to format the whole thing and readd. That was a big mistake i think now.
    Im just not getting rid of the Host. Unfortunately i cant change the name of the host since its company network. So no matter how often i delete the host and even restart the ambari server ill end up having the host in the host list or at least the metadata somewhere in the system. So when try to add i get the message Host is already. When i delete it and then readd it right away i get some steps more forward and i get an Binding exception :

Exception [EclipseLink-4002] (Eclipse Persistence Services – 2.4.0.v20120608-r11652): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException Internal Exception: java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Batch entry 0 INSERT INTO ClusterHostMapping (cluster_id, host_name) VALUES (2, ‘****’) was aborted. Call getNextException to see the cause. Error Code: 0 Call: INSERT INTO ClusterHostMapping (cluster_id, host_name) VALUES (?, ?) bind => [2 parameters bound]

So i really dont get it why is it so hard to delete a host properly from the ambari server? after this message of course it is in the host list again with no services installed and i cant add services. If i delete it and restart it will be in the list again after restart and i cant add it again. If i delete it and try to add it without restart it fails at the last step.

So what to do?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies
    Collapse

Well good so it wasnt my stupidity. Let me know how you fixed it.

Collapse

Alejandro Fernandez
    Participant

Hi Johannes, I’m actually able to reproduce the issue with a specific sequence of steps and am working on identifying a fix.

Collapse

So im back at the office and i have the default database installed which is jdbc is i can see in the configs.
    But i cant get a connection with sql developer maybe i got the wrong port i cant find the config for that.
    But is that the right database you mean? the ambari jdbc?

Collapse

i have but i won’t be in office till tuesday so i can’t say you this tell then im sorry…
    Ill continue working on this then.

Ill check the Namenode? Database on tuesday and let you know

Collapse

Alejandro Fernandez
    Participant

I attempted to repro and was able to delete and re-add a host without any errors. I suspect that the clusterhostmapping table still has a reference to the host and may have gotten into an inconsistent state, which is causing the INSERT statement to fail.

Johannes, do you have permission to login to the name node and access the database directly? If you do, what database are you using, MySQL, Postgres, Oracle? I’d be curious to know the records in the clusterhostmapping table.

Collapse

Alejandro Fernandez
    Participant

Hi Johannes, can you elaborate with more detail how you first deleted the host and attempted to re-add it?
    I’m looking to reproduce the issue.

Thanks,
    Alejandro

Collapse

Yes im using version 1.6.0

Collapse

Jeff Sposetti

Hi, can you confirm which version of Ambari you are using?

Collapse
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)