Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Can't SSH to sandbox using Putty

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Somnath Chakrabarti 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Gaurav Singh

I have installed hortonworks sandbox-1.3 on Oracle Virtual box on my windows machine.
    The VM comes up without any problem. I can also access the http URL through browser (127.0.0.1:8888) and login with “hue” user.
    The problem is, when i do an ssh through putty on the given port (127.0.0.1:2222), there is no response coming up. It’s not even asking back for user/pass but simply hangs.

Pressing Ctrl+F5 in the VM lands me on the login screen and i am able to login to that but SSH is not getting connected.

Anybody came across any such issue ?
    Any suggestions are welcome or if i might be missing something then please share.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Hi Dave,

I have successfully used 127.0.0.1 : 2222 in putty to do SSH to Hortonworks Sandbox. But if I have two hortonworks sandbox VMs, how to SSH them both individually on 127.0.0.1 : 2222 ?

Thanks
    Somnath

Collapse

Dave

Hi Guarav,

If you use VMWare Player and use our sandbox for this, do you have the same issues?

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Gaurav Singh

Hi Dave, Thanks for the response.
    I tried “telnet 127.0.0.1 2222″ from command prompt. It’s getting stuck the same way it’s being in case of SSH.

Collapse

Dave

Hi Guarav,

Can you telnet to 127.0.0.1 on port 2222 ?

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)