Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Changing default hcat bin location

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Sean Casey 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Sean Casey
    Participant

Hello,
    I’m running hdp sandbox 1.3 on vmware. I’m trying to execute an hcat ddl statement from a pig script but I’m getting the following error:

2014-02-06 10:53:30,375 [main] INFO org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.GruntParser - Going to run hcat command: CREATE TABLE some_table (col_a string, col_b string);
    2014-02-06 10:53:30,401 [main] ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.Grunt - ERROR 2997: Encountered IOException. Cannot run program "/usr/local/hcat/bin/hcat": java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory

The hcat binaries are actually located at /usr/bin/hcat so I tried to set hcat.bin in /etc/pig/conf.dist/pig.properties to the correct path but that doesn’t seem to work. I set hcat.bin=/usr/bin/hcat and restart the vm but running the pig script gives the same errors. In HDP under the “About” section I don’t see any properties under the “Pig” tab. Am I updating the correct properties file?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.