Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Clarification on Sandbox

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  iandr413 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Carolus Holman
    Participant

Can someone supply me with some information regarding the “Sandbox”. I have downloaded and used the sandbox, I have found it to extremely useful for running the tutorials and learning about the environment. My question is, and please forgive me if it seems ignorant, Is this the UI (HUE) that runs on the sandbox, the same thing that is available in the Enterprise version of the product? Specifically I have installed the Windows HDP2 version so this is why i am wondering. I know that HUE is not available for Windows, however does one interact with the CENTOS version using HUE?

Thanks, any information would be helpful.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

iandr413

The interface on the sandbox is exactly the same as what you would see in an enterprise cluster. Sorry for the confusion

Collapse

Carolus Holman
    Participant

Thanks Ian, my question is specifically, is the Enterprise interface similar to the HUE interface installed on the Sandbox?

Collapse

iandr413

Hi Carolus,
    Hue can be enabled as part of the sandbox install. It is a different UI from Ambari and allows you to interact with all the HDP components from one central location. Hope this helps answer your question.

Ian

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)