Home Forums YARN CLASSPATH fails for YARN application master

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by   1 year ago.

• Creator
    Topic

I am developing on a 4 node cluster using HDP 2.2.0.2.0.6.0-76 on CentOS 6. And I have developed a YARN application that is built on the distributed shell example. The example works fine when running on a single node cluster.

When I submit the YARN application from a remote machine, then I get a “class not found” exception for a yarn configuration class because the classpath for the application master does not include the yarn jar files.

On the 4 node cluster the “yarn.application.classpath” is properly configured and includes all of the correct directories. It looks like this:
    /etc/hadoop/conf,/usr/lib/hadoop/*,/usr/lib/hadoop/lib/*,/usr/lib/hadoop-hdfs/*,/usr/lib/hadoop-hdfs/lib/*,/usr/lib/hadoop-yarn/*,/usr/lib/hadoop-yarn/lib/*,/usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/*,/usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/lib/*

However, the system property “java.class.path” in the application master does not have the “yarn.application.classpath” entries included in it and so the required yarn classes are not found.

How can I set the classpath correctly to include the entries from “yarn.application.classpath”?

Thanks for any pointers or help.

Geoff

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.