Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Cluster Configuration

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tedr 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

During installation of Hadoop I am required to provide cluster configuration information as well as database details. I believe I have the database details correct but would like more information on clusterproperties.txt file. Below are the areas in question. Thanks
    #Hosts
    NAMENODE_HOST=NAMENODE_MASTER.eldocomp.com
    SECONDARY_NAMENODE_HOST=SECONDARY_NAMENODE_MASTER.eldocomp.com
    JOBTRACKER_HOST=JOBTRACKER_MASTER.eldocomp.com
    HIVE_SERVER_HOST=HIVE_SERVER_MASTER.eldocomp.com
    OOZIE_SERVER_HOST=OOZIE_SERVER_MASTER.eldocomp.com
    TEMPLETON_HOST=TEMPLETON_MASTER.eldocomp.com
    SLAVE_HOSTS=slave1.eldocomp.com, slave2.eldocomp.com, slave3.eldocomp.com

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

tedr

Hi Mark,

You are doing the HDP on Windows install, correct? If so the value after the ‘=’ should be the actual fully qualified host name of the box you are intending to be used as the various service hosts, such as NAMENODE_HOST=<hostname>.eldocomp.com where hostname is replaced by the computer name of that box.

And these names must be resolvable via DNS.

I hope this helps,
    Ted.

Collapse

Hi Robert,
    I am setting up a POC environment to determine the viability of this approach for our business. I was not aware of the ‘Ambari’ setup you mentioned. Direction to this would be appreciated. Additionally, Yes I am looking for more detail regarding each one these are and where they must reside. Also, a far more detailed description of what to populate in place of NAMENODE_HOST, etc. Thak you for your response.

Regards,
    Mark

Collapse

Robert
    Participant

Hi Mark,
    It sounds like you are doing the manual rpm install any reason why you don’t want to use the Ambari to do the installation? Also in regards to your question, I am not quite clear what you are asking. Are you looking for information as to what each of the hosts are? i.e What is the NAMENODE_HOST or OOZIE_SERVER_HOST ?

Regards,
    Robert

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)