Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Cluster setup issues

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dharanikumar Bodla 1 year ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Dharanikumar Bodla
    Participant

hi all,
    installation of ambari-server and ambari-agent as went fine on centos 6.4.after login ,created a cluster name and added a host localhost .localdomain and iam able to add the host,once the host is added ,selected the services to install,all the services went fine except the nagios service.but the next day when i login ,the server page got stuck and the web page is reloding at the install wizard.
    so,please can anyone suggest me.how to unistall the ambari-server and which database should i us postgresql or oracle jdbc.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Dharanikumar Bodla
    Participant

hi Dave,
    thanks ,but when I tried to install on local machine ,by creating a FQDN as coartha.com under /etc/hosts,the host is added and selected all the services to install ,all services went fine except the nagios.
    Note: After this process ,when I logged in the page is loading and saying trying for server.

thanks & regards
    dharani kumar bodla.

Collapse

Dave

Hi Dharanikumar,

You should not setup your cluster with the hostname of localhost.localdomain.
    You should use a real hostname and add this into the hosts file of the server. If it’s not connected to a domain you can just use the shortname.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)