Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Configuring Ports

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sivagamasundari Veerabahu 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

I installed the HDP2 thru Ambari successfully on Linux RHEL5.8 (2 node cluster), during install we brought the firewall down as instructed by the manual.
    Now that the install is complete and everything is working good and is stable we attempted to bring the firewall up after configuring the ports mentioned in Appendix: Hadoop 2.x – Configuring Ports in the Install thru Ambari pdf
    Appears to be that there are other ports that HDP2 uses, that this doc does not mention about, as I am getting the below error when trying to bring the firewall up.
    Is there a complete list of all ports that HDP2 uses including Ambari server/agent ?
    Please let me know

ResourceManager process CRIT for about a minute
    CRITICAL – Socket timeout after 10 seconds

ResourceManager Web UI

Oozie Server status

HistoryServer CPU utilization UNKNOWN for about a minute
    Unable to contact host

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Configuring Ports’ is closed to new replies.

• Author
    Replies

Yes this particular issue is resolved, but I am still having issues running Hadoop with firewall. I dont see any alerts or anything in Ambari when I bring the firewall, But my Hive sql(map reduce jobs) runs forever when the firewall is up.
    It completes to 100% and then goes back to 0% and this goes forever
    When I bring down the firewall it wrap ups in secs.
    I have posted this in Ambari Forum.
    So you can close this thread.
    Please advice on my issue with firewall as I configured all ports mentioned on the doc.

Collapse

Dave

Hi,

It seems that this question is answered in another post of yours – can you confirm?

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)