Home Forums Hive / HCatalog Configuring the Hive ODBC Driver for Mac

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tedr 1 year ago.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

tedr

Hi John,

It would appear that we have a glaring hole in our documentation. I’ll try to hunt this information down and give you a link.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

Hi Yi
    thanks for your reply. Your suggestion was useful in starting your server-side Hive ODBC interface. I can use this to connect from Windows as explained in your doc http://hortonworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Hortonworks-Hive-ODBC-Driver-User-Guide.pdf but i cannot find anything on how to connect from my macbook using your ODBC driver you supply.

When i run the MAC OSX ODBC administrator the Hive Driver (i succesfully installed from your downloads, see prev post ) is not listed. I can’t see it in Excel for Mac OS X either. How can I use the Mac driver from my MacBook laptop?

Thanks again, John

Collapse

Yi Zhang

Hi John,

Can you try starting hiveserver on port 10000? Assumed that the ODBJ driver is configured on port 10000
    #hive –service hiveserver –hiveconf HIVE_PORT=10000 (there are two dashes before word service)

Thanks,
    Yi

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)