Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox confused on accessing tutorials

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Satish T 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

I am not an expert, so maybe I don’t understand how the sandbox is constructed…

I download and install the VM. I go to the URL that the splash screen suggests (which is not localhost, but an external IP), and then I see Hue. I don’t see any links for any tutorials at this URL.

I log in to the VM and see /usr/lib/tutorials and notice there is a sandbox tutorials directory there, and some other bits.

How can I access these tutorials on localhost? What if I want to run the sandbox without internet access? It doesn’t seem that anything pops up when I go to port 8000, 8080, or 8888.

I’m just a little confused as to how to proceed. Any help is appreciated.

M

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Satish T
    Participant

When i use 8888 then i see ‘Hadoop Technical Preview’ page and when i use 8000 then i see HUE section.

How do i get the ‘Sandbox welcome screen’?

Collapse

Tim Arango

That did it! Thanks for the help.

Collapse

Cheryle Custer

Hi Tim,

Please try the following:

If you have more than 4Gb of physical RAM, please increase the Memory allocated to the VM to at least 4Gb
    Reboot the VM
    Reboot your system
    Remove and reimport the VM

Collapse

Tim Arango

I am having the same issue. The first time I went to 127.0.0.1:8888 I got the registration page, but after I completed the registration I got nothing. I restarted and returned to that address and still just a blank page. Tried multiple browsers, still the blank page.

Collapse

Dave

Hi Max,

I use VirtualBox on my mac and when I go to 127.0.0.1:8888 then I am greeted with the Hortonworks Sandbox ‘start’ page.

Let me know how you get on,

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

And I am using VMWare Fusion on my Mac. I am going to try VirtualBox as well and see if that makes any difference.

Collapse

Dave, there doesn’t appear to be anything on port 8888 for me (I already know there’s no conflict). When I go there, there’s nothing running/displayed.

Collapse

Dave

Hi Max,

You should go to the port 8888 and then you can see “Run Tutorials” in the middle of the bottom of the page.

Let me know if you still have issues,

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)