Hortonworks Sandbox Forum

Connecting to Teradata using Sqoop

Upen Patel

I am trying to connect to Teradata db from the sandbox using sqoop. I have downloaded the Teradata connector from the Teradata website – teradata-connector-1.0.9.jar and put it in the /usr/lib/sqoop/lib

Do I need a Teradata JDBC driver and if so where would I get it?

Also, when I run the following I am getting an error, please help:
    sqoop list-databases –connect “jdbc:Teradata://xx.xxx.xx.xx;” –username xxxxx –password xxxxx

14/01/30 03:18:30 ERROR tool.BaseSqoopTool: Got error creating database manager: java.io.IOException: No manager for connect string: jdbc:Teradata://;

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author

Hi Upen,

You need to specify the connection manager for Teradata.
    Please look at 6.3 here:

Upen Patel

It appears I don’t have the Hortonworks connector for Teradata. I am trying to download it from the Certified Downloads section of your website but the link for HDP 1.3.0 download for the connector seems to be broken.

Please help

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.