Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Connectivity issues

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  tedr 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Though DHCP is configured as per troubleshooting instructions, I keep getting “Connectivity issues detected”.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

tedr

Hi Gareth,

Its good to hear that the VMWare version of the Sandbox is working for you. I’ve not had trouble with the VirtualBox version.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

Grover89

Hi,

Im using chrome, i gave up trying to use virtual box and switched to VMware and that just solved the problem (still using chrome).

Regards

Gareth

Collapse

tedr

Hi Gareth,

What Browser are you using?

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

Grover89

Hi All,

I am experiencing the same issue as Gaurav , i am using virtual box, my DHCp settings should be correct. The VM launches and i am instructed to load the IP in the browser however nothing loads, even with my firewalls off.

Regards

Collapse

Sasha J

Make sure all needed processes are running on the sandbox and listening on needed ports.
    I suggest your reboot sandbox and then try again.

Thank you!
    Sasha

Collapse

Hi

I installed Oracle Virtual box version as per the instructions on window xp 64 bit lenevo. After following all the steps, VM boots up. When the process is complete, the console displays the login instructions for the Sandbox.

“To initiate your Horton works sandbox session, please open a browser and enter this address in the browser’s address field

http://192.168.56.101/

However i am having connectivity issues on connecting in chrome browser. I get the message that this webpage is not available.

On typing ifconfigr eth0 in the sandbox session, i get

inet addr: 192.168.56.101

Please advise any additional steps i can take . Let me know if additional information is required.

Collapse
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)