Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Could not connect to sandbox:9083

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Vijay Rathore 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Mahadev Veer

Hi

Installed sandbox. ( Dynamic IP )

I run it from chrome browser from other machine interface appears all the tutorial stuff and all other menu items works fine except Beeswax (Hive UI)

Pig to console – all menu items works fine but when I tried HCat to create tables using the sample data file(NYSE) downloaded , in the second step throws the above said error.

When I directly click on the second menu item (Beeswax (Hive UI)) the same message is thrown

TIA

Mahadev

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Vijay Rathore
    Participant

Hi Team,

When I m trying to do the step “Loading the same data into HCatlog” as mentioned in tutorial, I am getting error “Could Reconnect to sandbox.hortonworks.com:9083″
    Can you please help me on this, what I need to do for this.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards
    Vijay

Collapse

What Sandbox version do you use? Try to download new Sandbox 1.3 release. There shouldn’t be network issues there.

Collapse

Mahadev Veer

Hi Peter

Thanks – I increased the RAM (from 2GB to 2.5 GB) and restart the VM but it is updating……. and when I check the log before restarting @ /var/log/hive/hive.log the hive.log file is not created at all.

Collapse

Seems that hive metastore has’t started. Try to increase RAM memory and restart VM. If it wouldn’t work check /var/log/hive/hive.log

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)