Hortonworks Sandbox Forum

Could not connect to sandbox:9083

Mahadev Veer

Installed sandbox. ( Dynamic IP )

I run it from chrome browser from other machine interface appears all the tutorial stuff and all other menu items works fine except Beeswax (Hive UI)

Pig to console – all menu items works fine but when I tried HCat to create tables using the sample data file(NYSE) downloaded , in the second step throws the above said error.

When I directly click on the second menu item (Beeswax (Hive UI)) the same message is thrown

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Peter Rudenko

Seems that hive metastore has’t started. Try to increase RAM memory and restart VM. If it wouldn’t work check /var/log/hive/hive.log

Mahadev Veer

Hi Peter

Thanks – I increased the RAM (from 2GB to 2.5 GB) and restart the VM but it is updating……. and when I check the log before restarting @ /var/log/hive/hive.log the hive.log file is not created at all.

Peter Rudenko

What Sandbox version do you use? Try to download new Sandbox 1.3 release. There shouldn’t be network issues there.

Vijay Rathore

Hi Team,

When I m trying to do the step “Loading the same data into HCatlog” as mentioned in tutorial, I am getting error “Could Reconnect to sandbox.hortonworks.com:9083”
    Can you please help me on this, what I need to do for this.

Thanks a lot in advance.

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.