Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation custom configuration and remove services with ambari

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Dave 1 year ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Julien Naour

Hello,
    I have installed a 4-nodes cluster with Ambari.
    First question is it possible to remove services with Ambari with the Web UI? I see how to add a service but not how to remove one. Same for hosts.
    I am trying to customize configuration for one of my host, I want different directories for Datanode and Mapred in one of my hosts. Is it possible ?

Regards
    Julien Naour

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Dave

Hi David,

You must ensure you decommission the node as per the documentation, and then you can remove it from the database (if that is what you want to accomplish)

Is this a production environment or a test environment?

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

David Nguyen

Sorry to dredge this ticket up, but how does one remove a node permanently in a way that Ambari will reflect the change? Is there a way to cleanly delete a node from the Ambari DB?

Collapse

Sasha J

I do not think this is supported configuration…
    Why can not you just connect to your remote Ambari server with browser and do your checks?

Sasha

Collapse

Sasha,
    My goal is to monitor remote dev cluster through my local centOS machine running Ambari. I have 6 hosts in dev cluster out of which 5 are running gmond and storm services and 1 host is running gmetad which is actually monitoring these 5 storm nodes through ganglia .
    So my requirement is to monitor those 5 gmond hosts through my local centOS machine running Ambari. Please help me to specify the steps so that I can monitor those gmonds through my Ambari’s ganglia.

Collapse

Sasha J

Abhishek,
    It is not clear what do you want to accomplish.
    Could you please make your question clear?

Thank you!
    Sasha

Collapse

I have 1 question here that If I want to connect my Ambari running on my local centOS virtual machine to ganglia gmonds which are running on different nodes in different cluster. I am currently running ganglia which is shipped with Ambari on single node cluster as of now but I need to integrate my local ambari ganglia with remote gmonds running on different nodes.
    How will I do this? What are the steps?

Collapse

Robert
    Participant

HI Suaroman,
    Removing services is not currently available in the current release in Ambari. But what is possible is that you can decomission a node.
    I hope that helps.
    Regards,
    Robert

Collapse

suaroman
    Participant

How can I manually remove a service from Ambari ?
    There is an EXECUTE HBASE_SERVICE_CHECK on a node that is no longer available.
    I’d like to carve this out of the Ambari configuration. I’ve searched the web but can’t find anything :(

Collapse

Sasha J

Julien,
    possibility of changing/adding directories to HDFS and MR configuration is depends on Ambari version you use.
    Latest release have this ability, but not earlier ones..
    So, if you download HDP1.3 and install it, you will have this functionality.
    If you already have data in your cluster, and is not able to reinstall it from scratch, then you can only upgrade Ambari itself to the latest version. This will also give you the latest functionality (modifying dfs.data.dir).

Thank you!
    Sasha

Collapse

Julien Naour

I had my response from the ambari mailing list.

Thanks Ted,

Julien

Collapse

Julien Naour

Ok, thx. Is it the same for customize the configuration of a specific node ?

Collapse

tedr

Hi Julien,

Thanks for trying out Hortonworks Data Platform. Currently there is not a way in the webui to remove services or hosts.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse
Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)